Loving Care Animal Hospital

Health Certificates & Travel Certificates for Pets in Palatine

Traveling with your pet can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you're taking a road trip or flying to a new destination, bringing your furry friend along can make the journey even more enjoyable. However, before you hit the road or board a plane, it's important to make sure your pet is healthy and has all the necessary health certificates & travel certificates.

Why Does Your Need a Pet Health Certificate & Travel Certificate?

Domestic Travel

Even if you're traveling within the United States, some states may require a pet health travel certificate. For example, if you're traveling to Hawaii or Guam, your pet will need a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) issued by a licensed veterinarian. This document verifies that your pet is healthy and free from any contagious diseases.

Additionally, some airlines may require a pet health travel certificate for domestic flights. It's always best to check with your airline before traveling to ensure you have all the necessary documentation for your pet.

Your local veterinary hospital is your best resource for obtaining pet health travel certificates. They have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that your pet is healthy and meets all the necessary requirements for travel. Here are some ways your veterinary hospital can help:

Pre-Travel Health Check

Before issuing a pet health travel certificate, your veterinarian will perform a thorough health check on your pet. This includes a physical examination, as well as any necessary vaccinations or tests. Your veterinarian will also review your pet's medical history to ensure they are up-to-date on all necessary vaccinations.

If your pet has any underlying health conditions, your veterinarian will work with you to manage them and ensure your pet is healthy enough for travel. They may also provide recommendations for any additional precautions you should take while traveling with your pet.

Issuing Pet Health Travel Certificates

Once your pet has passed their health check and meets all the necessary requirements, your veterinarian will issue a pet health travel certificate. This document will include your pet's identification information, vaccination records, and any other necessary information for travel. It's important to keep this certificate with you at all times while traveling with your pet.

International Travel

* Loving Care Animal Hospital does not issue international travel certificates.

If you're planning to travel internationally with your pet, you will need to obtain a pet health travel certificate. This certificate, also known as a pet passport, is a document that verifies your pet's health and vaccination records. It is required by most countries to ensure that your pet is not carrying any diseases or parasites that could be harmful to the local animal population.

If you need an international travel certificate, please contact:

Golf Rose Animal Hospital
51 E Remington Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Join the Loving Care Animal Hospital Family Today!

Phone: 847-963-8887

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: